Friday, August 11, 2006

To Get The Seat

The secret to getting a window seat on a Western Line train bound for Britomart is to get in closer to the front of the train.

The rear part is full of more characteristically patient individuals, hunkering down for a long trip, and
thus very few of them debark from the train early on at Henderson (where I get on). The front, however, seems to inherently contain most of the Henderson High School students, most of whom do get off at Henderson.

Still, my seat I got today was going backwards, but it was on the correct side of the train for the interesting views. The indie girl who got on at Glen Eden didn't sit next to me, because a seat closer to the door was free.


I don't like Fridays. Four hours of non-stop classes is bad enough. Three of those being Latin American is terrible. But worst of all, I've had to call off drinks after uni to take part in a filming for my sister's sixth form media studies film... about a monster that terrorises a school or something.

And then I have work tomorrow, where I will doubtless again be hassled for not having handy hands or for not being able to perform masculine tasks.

What about the arts, y'know?

But one of my sister's friends who is coming to film the film is one of only two Genesis fans I know in the offline world, the other being Mat, so that's good.

I was staring at the Ricies bag this morning. I don't think it's right that amongst all of the edu-factual hooey about rice that is written all over it (1/3 of the world's population eat rice doncha know!) it has a picture of a globe, on which New Zealand occupies the entire Pacific Ocean. What are we teaching our kids? What has happened to the values of this society?

Next thing there'll be a pedophile rights movement.

Airy fairy. This is what happens when you listen to too much talkback. Log on
.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There were no drinks, but there was a real 3-D midday experiance.

8/11/2006 4:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

/_/\/_/\ / \\ |_ __||| _||
/ \/ \ // /\ \\ ||| |||_
/ /\ /\ \//_/ \_\\ ||| | ||
||| |||_
||| |__||

3d-mate

8/11/2006 6:01 pm  
Blogger Dreamboat said...

It's a sad day when I can't figure out what train to get...especially when it is incredibly easy. At least the couple watching me found it amusing.

8/14/2006 12:20 am  
Blogger Gary said...

You must've been making a bit of a scene by the sound of it! Melodrama always makes things that much more fun.

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit though. The two southbound trains that use different lines for the first part of the trip, but then converge later on, certainly have the potential to cause confusion, along with a whole bunch of the other configurations they have in place.

The southbound trains definitely confuse me. But that's alright because I don't have to take them.

8/14/2006 9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home