Thursday, August 10, 2006

We Keep To The Left In This Country

I noticed something intriguing as I walked through the Britomart Transport Centre today. The vertical sides of numerous steps on an escalator that I passed were labelled "KEEP LEFT". It's about time too.

It's a shame that the escalator was downward bound, and thus the signs would not be visible to people using the escalator and achieve the effect desired. Also, generally people travel in one direction on any particular escalator -- so what is the relative importance of the KEEP LEFT proclaimation, other than perhaps to clear the way for those impatient individuals who insist on running up or down escalators?

I should go to art history now -- not that, of course, I have any positive feelings about being about to attend it. Interesting course material? Yes. Elitist snobbery? Also present.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home