Thursday, August 10, 2006

Art as Idea as Idea

I went to the lecture. It was mediocre. I imagined I was eating a chocolate muffin. That was good. It was probably purchased from Pak 'n Save but I don't know.

I'm quite the airy fairy one today. Voila -- a tighter than usual chain of bog entries (mispelling intended) (please see them below).

I briefly contemplated driving to Hamilton tonight and meeting the Overlander train (one of the last) that I would subsequently chase to Auckland. I decided against this when I took into account that I would have to eat dinner at an uncomfortable speed in order to make it to Hamilton in time.

This, of course, is in turn not taking into account that the train will probably be late.

Marcus Lush -- Radio Live -- seven until ten, weeknights. Thoroughly good. He brings me closer to the infinite and the sublime. You don't even need a radio --
log on.

If I am truthful, I did pay attention in the art history lecture -- hence the title of this blog entry, derived from a series of conceptual art by one Joseph Kosuth (see below) -- other than the time I spent formulating this particular paragraph, and all those amongst whom it is situated. They are alive too.


Joseph Kosuth: Titled (Art as Idea as Idea), 1967

Please close your pompous boobies. And get me a cup of coffee while you're at it, you Marxist bastard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home